CHANTERELLE LIQUEUR.


18-7-2013.

I don't know the real origin of this recipe, except that my great-aunt gave it to my mother around 1945 and mum handed it down tome years later when she knew of my craze for mushrooms.

I haven't changed the recipe very much, it's so simple, so here goes. Use a wide-necked flaskor bottle, cork or screw-lid or kilner jar, 1 to 21itre capacity. Fill with young fresh chanerelles, add a stick of cinnamon, a couple of tablespoons of sugar, the peel of a whole lemon and cover with gin or vodka.

Close down and shake for around 10 days until sugar has disappeared. Keep in a dark, cool and dry place for AT LEAST 4 months and then filler. You can use this in desserts or even better, as a liqueur, slightly chilled.

 
Kenneth

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario